On a wet misrable day we decided to visit Newport Towers. From the outside it looked a mess with its concrete structure and "motel" like appearance. Inside was worst from its trashed dance hall and trashed rooms the whole place was gone.
History of Talgarth Asylum
As far back as the Council's planning history relates (1948), the site has always been a hotel. Historic maps also confirm that from at least 1950 the site was documented on OS maps as Newport Towers Hotel.The site eventually closed in 2006 due to the m5 taking passing trafic away from the area and the hotel became un-viable