Urban Exploration - The Old Rectory
Stepping around this house was a strange feeling as although there are no occupants they left everything behind including belongings and worst was yet to come when we entered the bedroom. Stepping in the bedroom there on the bed were 2 guns and a strong smell of gun powder. The whole house screamed of decadence and we still didnt know why it had just been left abandoned
History of The Old Rectory
The Old Rectory is a grade II listed Victorian moated Rectory, located on the banks of the River Menalhyl in St Columb Major, in Cornwall, England, in the United Kingdom. It is a major work by the architect William White. Commissioned by Dr Samuel Walker, Rector of St Columb, following speculation that the proposed Cornish bishopric would be based at St Columb. It was built in 1851, on the site of a 14th-century moated medieval house. It is an asymmetrical plan rectory in a Gothic revival style.
Over the years it has undergone a range of alterations. After undergoing several uses in the past including a base for the Women's Land Army during the war and as a Meadery restaurant and hotel in the 1990s. It is currently privately owned and unoccupied. In 2011 is was listed by The Victorian Society as one Britain's most endangered buildings.